“Nothing is more memorable than a long-lasting scent.”
Every man makes his first impression-either at an interview or a date – with his smell. Us humans, we love to engage all our senses while gauging our environments. And scent turns out to be one of the most memorable aspects of a person, incident, or thing.
While shopping for perfumes is very challenging in person, shopping for ones online is an absolute gamble. Hence, before I begin recommending scents, it is imperative that you know certain technicalities of fragrances.
If you are looking for scents for women, you can check out Top 10 Best Selling Perfumes for Women. In this article, I am going to talk about the best selling perfumes for men.
Best Selling Perfumes for Men
Primarily, we need to take into account that aromas come in various forms and formulae, with each of them meant to do different things. For example, Eau De Parfum is a concentrated formula of aromatic oils and is intended to last longer.
Similarly, Eau De Toilette is a misty formula meant to give you a hint of fragrance simply; it is supposed to blend in with your natural body odor and enhance how you already smell. These are the least overpowering.
In the same way, you could define Colognes, Deodorants, and many more types of fragrances that are all supposed to perform different functions.
Every scent has stages of wear – it doesn’t smell the same throughout its wear (3-10 hours on average).
Most scents don’t fade away, and they just make way for a deeper scent to be unveiled. It is called the ‘layering’ of notes.
Top Notes are the ones that you smell right away after wearing them. Middle/Heart Notes are the transitioning notes that are unveiled once the Top Note wears off. The Base Note is the last rung of the ladder, which stays on your skin, after mixing with both the heart note and your body odor.
Every note has a certain degree of miscibility with its peers in the same concoction. Hence we must pair each layer with a complementary/suitably contrasting note to bring out the best in the scent.
But I know you must be wondering ‘How to do this while shopping online?’
It is understandably jarring because perfume shopping in real life itself is a gamble; you never know what the top note will fade out to reveal.
Many-a-times it is observed that the buyers get dissatisfied with the base notes.
Hence, you will notice that I have played it safe in terms of base notes while assembling this list of best selling perfumes for men – every base note is a classic scent that the majority of perfume-enthusiasts love.
All the experimental scents are either in top notes or have a very sure-shot outcome irrespective of your body-odor because they are known to not react with your skin’s chemistry.
Without any further ado, let’s have a look at our Top 10 Best selling Perfumes for Men in 2020.
Before getting into the actual list, here’s the standard disclaimer, which I think you should know before proceeding.
Also, I am using affiliate links below, which means that when you purchase through any of these links, Amazon will pay me a small commission for absolutely no extra cost to you.
With that out of the way, let’s now take a look at the top 10 best selling perfumes for men. If you want to buy perfumes for men online, pick bestsellers.
This product comes with a set of two individual perfume bottles, each having its unique scent.
Since it is an Eau De Parfum, it has higher oil concentrations in its formula to make the scent last longer than other ‘misty’ perfumes. ‘Titan Skinn Verge’ is a burst of freshness inspired by the distinctive elegance and exclusivity of the derby, which adds a luxurious touch to the aroma.
The top notes of ‘Verge’ are lavender oil, lemon, and aromatic accord (rosemary and basil oils).
The middle notes are Mahonnial (floral note), geranium, and spearmint.
The ‘Titan Skinn Raw’ is a citrusy aroma that exudes the freshness and ‘zing’ of a tropical season.
The top notes include Watery Fruits, Bergamot and Mandarin, while the middle notes constitute of Violet Leaves, Geranium, and Pomarose. The base notes of Patchouli Fraction Indonesia, Gaiac Wood, Cashmeran, and Ambermax tie all the fragrances together to make a sinful bottle.
- Titan Skinn Raw- 25 ml
- Titan Skinn Verge- 25 ml
- Long-lasting scents, hence they hold up against most deodorants
- Have a musky, masculine aroma that captures the senses very well without overwhelming them
- Dermatologically tested and hence is 100% skin safe.
- There have been instances of air bubbles getting stuck in the straw of the spray nozzle, causing a few blank sprays, but with constant shaking before use, this can be taken care of
Coming in a set of two distinct scents, this combo ticks all the right boxes of versatility as it switches very well between both day and evening outings.
Created with top celebrity stylist Aalim Hakim, this set aims to give you the vibe of a happening celebrity. ‘Set Wet Studio X Edge’ has base notes of Sweet Musk and Woody Hints of Sandalwood.
Armed with middle notes of Cedarwood and topped with a spicy mix of Musk and Amber, it makes for a deadly concoction for sure.
With Rose and Vanilla forming the essential notes of ‘Set Wet Studio X Impact,’ you can be sure to find a citrusy hint in its middle and base-notes that are beautifully balanced by the sinful subtlety of musk.
- One bottle of Set Wet Studio X Edge- 49ml
- One bottle of Set Wet Studio X Impact- 49 ml
- With the sharp notes and a stylized packaging, it is sheer value for your money
- Designed by a celebrity stylist, this has an X-factor that you might need to ‘oomph’ up your attire for the day and evening alike
- Dermatologically tested.
- The fragrance isn’t the most long-lasting one there is, but to compensate for that, the component comes with an appreciable amount of product for a very marginal price
- It can get a little too strong and nauseating if sprayed more than required.
An Eau De Perfum from the Spanish brand ‘The Perfumer”, Redd is an absolute delight to the senses.
The top notes consist of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Lemon, and Red Fruit, while Cedar, Precious Woods, Labdanum, and Amber make up the base notes.
The heart notes are Geranium, Lavender, Patchouli, and Vetiver.
It makes sure that the fragrance is super fruity and fresh, while also giving it a subtle hint of maturity with the likes of Labdanum and Geranium.
It is sure to translate equally well for both morning and evening getaways.
- One bottle of The Perfumer Redd – 100 ml
- Has a lovely packaging, with frosted red glass and a black metal cap
- Looks luxurious, and smells so too- while being on a lower-tier budget
- Dermatologically tested
- Generous quantity (100 ml of product lasts very long)
- The cap is tightly shut, which allows the black paint of the metal to chip off very easily
- Doesn’t last longer than 3-4 hours despite being an Eau De Parfum
An Eau De Toilette with a warm and suave fragrance, the top notes for this include distinctive Cedarwood and citrusy musk aromas.
Made with sensual notes of black musk and Cedarwood, this fragrance lingers on and leaves a unique and memorable impression wherever you go. Spritz on pulse points to get the most of it.
It is mostly meant to be a ‘mist’ rather than a concentrated perfume but works equally well on all fabrics and skin-types without staining/irritating the surfaces of the same.
- One bottle of Axe Signature Black Musk and Cedar Wood Perfume – 80 ml
- Unique scent- easily identifiable and memorable
- Beautiful black and gold packaging
- The fact that it comes in a generous volume means that it can be sprayed on liberally (which might be required because it is an Eau De Toilette)
- The base notes are very masculine, making it a go-to for gifting it to a male
- Not very long-lasting, and needs a generous amount of sprays to hold onto your skin
- The heart notes are very weak, making its pulse-point action fall short of the reach that it claims
Are you looking for a grooming kit that encompasses every man’s essential products?
Well, that is precisely what this combo delivers.
A set of 4 essentials (ranging from perfume, deodorant and aftershave lotion, all the way to shaving cream), this combo from Axe Signature is the perfect buy for a man who is on-the-go (especially since it also comes with a free travel bag).
Each product has its separate pros and cons, but this combo at a price like this is an absolute steal.
Axe is a brand one can vouch for, especially in terms of quality and transparency, for the most part, hence, it comes as no surprise that this combo has made it to the list of Top 10 Best Selling Perfumes for Men (with extra perks for this one!)
The nose behind the fragrance of Signature Body Perfume is Ann Gottlieb, a very reputed fragrance designer in the industry. The top notes are watermelon, green apple, and pineapple; middle note is watery notes; base notes are cedar, tonka bean, and patchouli.
It makes for a very fruity and citrusy undertone with subtle hints of woody maturity in the aroma, that comes from the cedar
- Axe Signature Body Perfume Mysterious (122ml)
- Axe Dark Temptation Deodorant Body Spray Can (150ml)
- Axe Signature Denim After Shave Lotion (50ml)
- Axe Signature Denim Shaving Cream (78g)
- Free Travel Bag
- The deodorant has a distinct chocolate scent and is an Axe classic- making it a sure-shot winner for being included in your travel bag
- As for the shaving cream and the aftershave, it does a pretty job of giving you a fresh shave that lingers with a very distinct and pleasant aroma
- Comes with a free travel bag
- Is an excellent buy for travel kits and utility kits alike
- Would make a stellar gift under a budget-buy
- The bag is durable and handy
- None as of such. This combo delivers over and above its price point.
Shopping for manly scents is quite a task since usually the line between a men’s and women’s scent is towed by the good old musk.
With changing times and cultures, we are seeing that more and more women are beginning to wear black musk perfumes as well, making the quest for shopping in the already harder bracket of men’s fragrances even harder.PBSOne way to step around it is by choosing a good number of heart notes that have a woody scent. Woody notes like oud wood, cedar, and sandalwood have a very masculine appeal. By mixing it with spicy and earthy base notes like cinnamon, you can steer clear of smelling too ‘womanly.’
In this list of best selling perfumes for men, I have tried to include an extensive range of distinctly manly scents, while catering to the different noses of the masses.
From fruity to spicy, you will surely find your pick. But before you do, you need to keep a few things in mind. While buying perfumes online, it is essential to always check the ingredient list for allergy-inducing ingredients.PBSAlso, after each purchase, make sure to spray it at the back of your ear to make sure you do not have any irritation caused by these perfumes.
Since almost all perfumes in this list, have alcohol in their composition. Hence, you need to make sure that your skin is tolerant to a good dose of alcohol every once in a while.
Moreover, if you are buying these perfumes intending to gift them to someone, it is pertinent that you know how they prefer to smell.PBSMany men hate to smell fruity because it seems a wee bit juvenile. Our scent preferences change over time as we mature, and we must take that into account.
Also, make sure the person you are gifting perfumes doesn’t have any adverse skin conditions. If they do, refrain from gifting them alcohol-based perfumes as they can mess with their skin’s pH balance.
Another grooming kit? You’re right.
It is raining ‘value for money’ in this list of best selling perfumes for men here. And this combo has no less than a whopping amount of eight components.
Each of these is top-notch in quality, because what else can you expect from Park Avenue, right?
Park Avenue doesn’t need an introduction as it has always been one of the best men’s brands in a varying number of cost brackets.
Ranging from perfumes to deodorants and shaving kits this combo has everything a man can need, regardless of whether he is traveling, using this on the daily, or getting it gifted to him by a loved one.
And what’s better, you get a travel pouch along with the combo.
- Quantity: Park Avenue fragrance Body spray (150 ml)
- Soap (125G)
- Deo talc (100G)
- Shaving cream (84G)
- Aftershave lotion travel pack (50ml)
- Razor (1n)
- Shaving brush (1n)
- Travel Pouch
- The travel bag/pouch is very spacious and can hold a ton of products (all 8 in the combo combined)
- Great for gifting, and is entirely skin safe
- The travel bag seems a wee bit flimsy, especially given that it is designed to carry 8 products, but it doesn’t seem all that deterring.
Armed with enormous goodwill for BRUT, this fragrance features bergamot, lemon, grapefruit, mandarin orange, sandalwood, and cedar.
This aromatic choice is for men who desire a fruity citrus aroma, while also holding onto subtle hints of sinful woody notes.
Opening with an invigorating top note of Citrus infused with Rosewood, this fragrance trails into a spicy, leathery heart note. The dry, wooden base note adds a touch of much-needed heat to the overall concoction, making the Fragrance Body Spray a very desired choice.
The other components of the combo are equally high, if not better, especially given that they come in a discounted combo.
- One bottle of Brut Deodorant, Sport Style (200 ml)
- While being a great scent, it also happens to come in copious amounts. 200 ml deodorants for this price point are extremely rare
- Has a very minimal amount of alcohol
- The scent doesn’t last very long, which is a bummer
- It cannot be worn to places of high sweat/intense humid environments like gyms, etc. without losing the scent very quickly.
It is the same perfume that was bought in the combo-set of product number one on this list of best selling perfumes for men. If you are someone who likes the scent of floral accents and spearmint notes, this perfume is for you.
While it does come in a limited quantity, it is one of the more quality-rich products in the list where a little would go a long way.
It is an Eau De Parfum, which means that it has concentrated aromatic oils that react with your skin’s chemistry to give a scent that is unique to every wearer.
- One bottle of Skinn Verge Fragrance for Men (20 ml)
- A little goes a long way, meaning it should last you a long while despite being small in quantity
- The hints of spearmint are a unique addition. Most men’s perfumes don’t venture into aromatic mint oils, and that makes this scent very memorable and unique
- Small in size, travel friendly
- Dermatologically tested
- Depending on your skin’s chemistry, this may or may not be a long-lasting perfume
- Less quantity for the price point
- Contains a considerable amount of alcohol
This intoxicating scent has a tremendous masculine Patchouli character at its heart note, ideal for those who look for plant-based scents.
Base Note: This aroma has base notes of Sandalwood, Cedarwood, and subtle hints of mint.
- One bottle of W.O.W Perfumes Black Jack for Men (100 ml)
- Small in size; hence would fit comfortably in pockets, travel bags, and car storage
- A through-and-through masculine scent that gives off a very mature aura
- Truly long-lasting- it stays on without a nudge for more than 8-9 hours, which is a considerable feat
- Great for gifting
- The bottle is a bit fragile
Conquer has intense and well-rounded masculinity with top notes of Citrus, distilled with heart notes of exotic spices. Nuanced with a woody vanilla base note, it outshines many of its peers in the sheer contrast of its layering.
These layered notes play up every skin’s chemistry differently to deliver one of the unique scents in this list of best selling perfumes for men. Park Avenue truly out-did themselves with this one.
Wood and vanilla scents work great with other woody scents, but mixing it with spicy and citrusy smells just gives it an extra ‘oomph’ where it turns out to be a delectable concoction of sinful aroma.
- One bottle of Park Avenue Eau De Parfum (100 ml)
- Small and pocket-sized- will hence fit everywhere easily, making it an ideal travel companion
- Classy bottle design
- Unique, identifiable scent
- Appreciable quantity
- None, other than that the combination of spicy and citrusy aromas may not be liked by many
✅ PBS RecommendationLike every other top 10 product list, this list of best selling perfumes for men is also filled with options that have both good and bad elements to them. But in most cases, the good outweighs the bad by a significant margin.
While trying to keep layered scents in this list, I have made sure that every fragrance’s top, heart and base notes have a sense of masculinity to them while also being experimental with fruity and traditionally ‘girly’ traits.
Out of all the outstanding scents in this list, I hold a little bias towards the ‘Park Avenue Eau De Parfum, Conquer’, because of its sheer smell and amazing layering of contrasts – all coupled with the unique packaging with a beautiful blend of black and gold.
This perfume, though on the high end among the best selling perfumes for men, delivers the worth of every penny spent on it by being everything it claims to be – unique, masculine, long-lasting, and sinfully memorable – truly a perfume for the modern man.
Choosing the right fragrances and scents for perfumes is an art – both for the buyer and the manufacturer. Knowing your skin’s chemistry and the way specific notes react with your natural body odor to create a blended aroma is the key to shopping effective perfumes that you cannot possibly go wrong.
That being said, this list of Top 10 Best Selling Perfumes for Men in India is not exhaustive, but just a segue into understanding the world of scents and aromas a bit better, so you can shop for perfumes without a lot of hassle or misses.
That’s all I have in this article. Thanks again for reading. Keep checking the other articles on the website and get in touch on social media.
Please feel free to write below if you have a feedback, suggestion, or complaint. We love your comments.
If you want to buy anything online, pick bestsellers.